PURPOSE OF THE CALICON CODE OF CONDUCT
We believe that CALIcon should be truly open for everyone. As such, we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, or religion.
This Code of Conduct outlines our expectations for participant behavior, as well as the consequences for unacceptable behavior.
We invite all sponsors, speakers, attendees, media, exhibitors and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive event experience for everyone.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and your fellow participants. Alert event organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress.
- Wear your badge at all times while at the event or event venues.
- Unacceptable behaviors include: intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct by any attendee of the event or related event activities. Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
- Harassment may include: offensive verbal or electronic comments related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking or following; harassing, photography or recording; sustained disruption of sessions, talks or other events; inappropriate physical contact, and any unwelcome sexual attention.
- Physical verbal, or written, abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by CALI staff, in their sole discretion.
- Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
- Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
- Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by an attendee, media, speaker, volunteer, organizer, venue staff, partner, sponsor, or exhibitor.
- Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
- If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund and if the necessary involvement of local law enforcement.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU WITNESS OR ARE SUBJECTED TO UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
- If you are subjected to unacceptable behavior, notice that someone else is being subjected to unacceptable behavior, or have any other concerns, please notify an event organizer as soon as possible. You may request that your report remain entirely confidential.
We expect all event participants (staff, sponsors, volunteers, speakers, attendees, and other guests) to abide by this Code of Conduct at all event venues and event-related social events.
For questions regarding the CALIcon Conference Code of Conduct, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Code of Conduct may be revised at any time by CALI, and the terms are non-negotiable. This Code of Conduct is without prejudice to CALI's rights, all of which it expressly reserves.